The following publications can be located at the URLs provided or by going to Amazon or the publisher's website.
- Banta, T., M. Griffin, T. Flateby, and S. Kahn (December 2009). Three Promising Alternatives for Assessing College Students' Knowledge and Skills. Available from National Institute for Learning Outcomes Assessment at http://www.learningoutcomesassessment.org.
- Bass, R. (2012) Disrupting Ourselves: The Problem of Learning in Higher Education. Educause Review. Available online at http://www.educause.edu/ero/article/disrupting-ourselves-problem-learning-higher-education.
- Bass, R., & B. Eynon (2016). Open and Integrative: Designing Liberal Education for the New Digital Ecosystem. Washington, DC: Association of American Colleges and Universities. Order online at http://www.aacu.org/publications.
- Cambridge, B., D. Cambridge, & K. Yancey, Eds. (2009). Electronic Portfolios 2.0: Emergent Research on Implementation and Impact. Sterling, VA: Stylus Publishing.
- Cambridge, D. (2010). E-Portfolios for Lifelong Learning and Assessment. San Francisco, CA: Jossey-Bass.
- Clark, E., & B. Eynon. (2011) Measuring Student Progress with E-Portfolios, Peer Review, Vol. 13, No. 4. Available online at http://www.aacu.org/peerreview/pr-fallwi12/MeasuringStudent.cfm.
- Eynon, B., & L. Gambino (2017). High-Impact ePortfolio Practice: A Catalyst for Student, Faculty, and Institutional Learning. Sterling, VA: Stylus Publishing, LLC.
- International Journal of ePortfolio. Special issue on Defining Practice and a Research Agenda: Selections from AAC&U's Fifth Annual E-Portfolio Forum. (2014). 4 (1) http://www.theijep.com/past_4_1.cfm.
- Kahn, S. (2014) E-Portfolios: A Look at Where We've Been, Where We Are Now, and Where We're (Possibly) Going. Peer Review Vol. 16, No. 1. At http://www.aacu.org/publications-research/periodicals/e-portfolios-look-where-weve-been-where-we-are-now-and-where-were.
- Kahn, S. (2017). New Learning about Learning: An Introduction to ePortfolio Assessment. In D.B. Denison & C. Secolsky (Eds.), Handbook of Measurement, Assessment, and Evaluation in Higher Education (2nd ed.). New York: Routledge.
- Kuh, G., S. Ikenberry, N. Jankowski, T. Cain, P. Ewell, P. Hutchings, & J. Kinzie (2015). Using Evidence of Student Learning to Improve Higher Education. San Francisco, CA: Jossey-Bass.
- Landis, C., S. Scott, & S. Kahn (2015) Examining the Role of Reflection in ePortfolios: A Case Study. International Journal of ePortfolio 5 (2). Available http://www.theijep.com/pdf/IJEP168.pdf.
- Matthews-DeNatale, G. (2013). Are We Who We Think We Are? ePortfolios as a Tool for Curriculum Redesign. Journal of Asynchronous Learning Networks, 17 (4). Available at http://c2l.mcnrc.org/wp-content/uploads/sites/8/2014/01/Are-We-Who-We-Think-We-Are-1-6-14.pdf.
- Moon, J.A. (2004). Reflection and employability. Learning and Employability Series. York: LTSN Generic Centre. Retrieved from http://www.worldcat.org/title/reflection-and-employability/oclc/642949030?referer=di&ht=edition.
- Penny Light, T., H. Chen, & J. Ittelson. (2012) Documenting Learning with ePortfolios: A Guide for College Instructors. San Francisco, CA: Jossey-Bass.
- Reynolds, C., & J. Patton. (2014) Leveraging the ePortfolio for Integrative Learning: A Faculty Guide to Classroom Practices for Transforming Student Learning. Sterling, VA: Stylus Publishing.
- Rhodes, T. (2007). "VALUE: Valid Assessment of Learning in Undergraduate Education." In Assessing and Accounting for Student Learning: Beyond the Spellings Commission, V. Borden and G. Pike, eds. San Francisco, CA: Jossey-Bass. (pp. 59-70)
- Rhodes, T. (2010). Assessing Outcomes and Improving Achievement: Tips and Tools for Using Rubrics. Washington, DC: Association of American Colleges and Universities.
- Rhodes, T., & A. Finley (2013). Using the VALUE Rubrics for Improvement of Learning and Authentic Assessment. Washington, DC: Association of American Colleges and Universities.
- Schneider, C. (2009). The Proof Is in the Portfolio, Liberal Education, 95/1. Association of American Colleges and Universities, pp. 2-3.
- Zubizaretta, J. (2009). The Learning Portfolio: Reflective Practice for Improving Student Learning, 2nd ed. Bolton, MA: Anker Publishing Company, Inc.
- Association for Authentic, Experiential, and Evidence-Based Learning: http://www.aaeebl.org/, including AAEEBL ePortfolio Review
- Association of American Colleges and Universities (especially the VALUE project on assessing undergraduate education and associated publications at http://www.aacu.org/value and the session materials from annual ePortfolio Forums associated with annual meetings): http://www.aacu.org
- International Journal of ePortfolio (IJeP), published by the University of Georgia, Virginia Tech, AAEEBL, AAC&U, the Australian Flexible Learning Framework, and the ePortfolio and Identity Conference (ePIC). Online at http://www.theijep.com
- Making Connections National Resource Center (2014). Catalyst for Learning: ePortfolio Resources and Research. Comprehensive multi-institutional resource center on ePortfolios developed by LaGuardia Community College with support from FIPSE: http://c2l.mcnrc.org
These recent presentations provide further information about IUPUI's ePortfolio Initiative and its uses for varied learning and assessment purposes. See About Us to arrange for a focused departmental presentation tailored to your interests.
Similarities and Differences: Capstone Assessment of Student Learning with ePortfolios, Assessment Institute, October 2015, by Tyrone Freeman, Susan Hyatt, and Susan Kahn
The Art and Science of ePortfolio Platform Selection, Assessment Institute, October 2015, by Susan Kahn and Lynn Ward
ePortfolios and Life Stories in a Senior Capstone Seminar, ePortfolio and Identity Conference, June 2015, by Susan Kahn and Karen Johnson
A Qualitative Look at ePortfolio Reflection, AAC&U Annual Meeting, January 2015, by Susan Kahn, Cynthia Landis, and Susan Scott
Not Just Another High Impact Practice, AAEEBL National Conference, July 2014, by Susan Kahn and Susan Scott